Star Trek
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Captain's Log 2268.116.75 - Supplemental

Go down

Captain's Log 2268.116.75 - Supplemental Empty Captain's Log 2268.116.75 - Supplemental

Post  Q Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:16 pm

I write this, likely my final Captain's Log, from a biobed in sickbay. Doctor Marketa has allowed me limited access and, I admit, even this simple task is incredibly painful. I might rally and rage against my current condition, but it was my own choice and actions that brought this upon me. When Solace's engineering section was compromised with a warp breech, there was only one option. I had placed Soong in a workbee to maximize our field repairs during the battle of Gamma-7, which left Commander Dornon as Chief Engineer. When he was killed in the breech, I was the most capable engineer currently aboard that had a hope of reversing the overload. Doctor Marketa tells me that my actions exposed me to crippling doses of delta radiation.

We have, however, and according to the crew, survived the impossible. An energy wave of unknown origin and power has surged across the quadrant, apparently "rewriting" worlds. Theologians, according to the constant subspace chatter, are calling it the "Genesis Event", and I suppose that is as fitting as anything else.

I would like to take this opportunity to say that serving aboard Solace has been my greatest honor and that this crew are the premier of what Starfleet could hope to field. Of particular note, I would like to posthumously promote Commander Dornon to Captain with the Karagite Order of Heroism -- he deserves nothing less. I would strongly recommend that Ensign Liara be promoted to Lieutenant Commander and given the position of First Officer; it is where I would have placed her if I had had the time. Ensigns Dole, H'suur, Marketa, Mirenne, Selar, Soong, and T'zark have proven themselves invaluable in each of their branches and would recommend their promotion to Lieutenant, preferrably as Department Heads for whatever vessel is lucky enough to have them. Finally, I would also recommend Cadet Pren graduate with highest marks, including being awarded the Star Cross for her actions in determining the well-being and safety of Solace, Kholar, Triumph, and their respective crews within the Dark Matter Nebula. In addition, all of the above are also recommended to receive the Award for Valor and Commendation of Heroism.
Q
Q

Back to top Go down