Star Trek
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CTSS (Cross Training Study Session)

+3
H'suur
Liara Shran
Emony Pren
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CTSS (Cross Training Study Session) Empty CTSS (Cross Training Study Session)

Post  Emony Pren Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:07 pm

Cadet Pren has put out a cross-training study session for the other Ensigns at the mess hall. She waits with several PADDs spread across the table, sitting there and looking down at a PADD in her hands, already studying.
Emony Pren
Emony Pren

Back to top Go down

CTSS (Cross Training Study Session) Empty Re: CTSS (Cross Training Study Session)

Post  Liara Shran Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:30 pm

Liara walks into the mess hall, and heads straight for a cup of coffee. Her shoulders stooped, and her antennae slumped to either side, she takes a sip from the mug, turns, and heads towards the table where Emony is sitting. She looks tired, which is really no surprise. Between her regular duties, taking extra bridge duty when ever she gets the chance, and cross-training, actual sleep, has dwindled down to probably less than 4 hours a night. As she reaches the table, and sits down though it's apparent that something other than just exhaustion troubles the Ensign. "Hi Emony. Whats up?" she says with a tired smile.
Liara Shran
Liara Shran

Back to top Go down

CTSS (Cross Training Study Session) Empty Re: CTSS (Cross Training Study Session)

Post  Emony Pren Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:02 pm

Emony looks up from her reading and smiles. "Oh, nothing much or abnormal going on for me. My, you look awful, you really haven't been sleeping much have you? None the less, hello and welcome, it is good to see you. Anything new going on with you?" She says a bit rapidly and a little slurred. Ever since the accident with Cargo Bay 3, her speach has been that way.
Emony Pren
Emony Pren

Back to top Go down

Post  Liara Shran Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:21 am

Liara rubs her eyes, and takes a sip of her coffee. "Awful huh? And here I thought I was hiding it so well. Don't worry about me though, I'll be fine. I've just been a little worried about Dr. Talas. His family has always been stalwarts of peace, so his involvement in the incident, has rattled him to his core.......But enough about my problems. Hows the ankle Cadet Clumsy?" she asks teasingly.
Liara Shran
Liara Shran

Back to top Go down

Post  H'suur Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:27 am

Running a clawed hand through his fur, H'suur enters with the very end of a yawn on his face. Not quite as worn as Liara, he brightens considerably once a steaming mug is captured between both hands. 'Coffeeeee..." he murmurs happily, tail swishing. "Coffeecoffeecoffee..." Sugar, milk, and few other spices are added to his brew before he approaches the table. "Shran, Pren,' he says by way of greeting, sliding into the seat next to the Andorrian.
H'suur
H'suur

Back to top Go down

Post  Selar Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:48 am

Selar walks into the mess hall and spots the other ensigns and grabs a hot tea before joining them at the table. Selar decides the group could use a snack and grabs a tray of assorted nuts, fruits and cheeses. "Hello, Emony, Liara, H'suur... I brought over some brain food for our study session. I would have been here a little sooner but I had to pull another double shift on the bridge. I am certainly not getting any of that down time I was expecting! Liara, looks like you know what I am talking about."
Selar
Selar

Back to top Go down

Post  Ishaan Soong Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:52 am

Ishaan enters the room head down, intently reading a PADD in his hands, while second PADD is tucked under his arm. The circuit schematics for the Tactical station on the bridge can be seen on it's display. Ensign Soong walks right into a chair, and stumbles, arms flailing wildly. He does manage to catch himself but the PADD's go flying, one landing at Liara's feet and the other spinning like an over-sized shuriken at H'Suur's head...
Ishaan Soong
Ishaan Soong

Back to top Go down

Post  Liara Shran Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:37 am

Liara takes another sip from her mug. "Hi H'Suur. Hows Ensign Ramart doing?" she asks. Turning to look at Selar as she approaches, Liara smiles, as she catches the aroma of fresh roasted vithi bulbs. "I could really go for some tuber root and redbat, but these will do nicely" she answers, as she reaches for a handful of bulbs. Her antenna swing toward the crashing Ishaan, nearly before the sound of his stumbling reaches the others ears. Reaching down, she retrieves the PADD that has landed at her feet, oblivious to the other about to crown H'Suur.
Liara Shran
Liara Shran

Back to top Go down

Post  Emony Pren Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:15 pm

Emony gives a chuckle to Liara's question "My ankle is just fine thanks to sick bay. Hey H'Suur, hello Selar, how are all of you?" She asks as she takes a handful of random fruits "Thanks," she mermers to Selar just as Ishaan enters. She gets a big smile on her face and watches him hopefully. When he trips over the chair her eyes get big, and she starts laughing as Liara picks up the PADD. She sees the PADD that is headed toward H'Suur and despretly reaches for, but fails to catch it "H'Suur! Heads up!" she alerts him. So instead she gets up and runs over to Ishaan to help up and makes sure he okay, still stifling a laugh.

Last edited by Emony Pren on Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Emony Pren
Emony Pren

Back to top Go down

Post  H'suur Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:43 pm

Preternatural hearing, lightning-fast reflexes, instincts evolved to hunt and thrive, a cultural legacy of desperate conflict and survival - this time, all of these fail H'suur utterly in the face of the morning's first cup of coffee and a tray of snacks. Selar gets a flash of a grin, and Liara's query draws a smile that lacks his usual salacious edge, his ears twisting outwards in a touch of faintly-embarrased reticence. "Um, she's okay, doing lots better. Lost a lot of blood, but the incisions weren't that deep. Another day in sickbay for obs-wha?" Emony's warning draws his attention to her, as Liara bends over - and the PADD catches him squarely in the back of the head. "Yeeowch! What the?" The dropped mug of coffee doesn't fall too far, landing on the table, losing only a few sips of the fragrant fluid as it splashes upwards. One hand on the back of his head, he looks around for his assailant, ears half-back. "Soong!" he growls, about to say something else, but it's stifled as he watches the young Trill cadet rush to his side. Instead, he grumbles softly to himself in the liquid sounds of his native language, while picking up the offending PADD. A glance at the screen brings a wince. "Warp physics...makes my head hurt even more..."
H'suur
H'suur

Back to top Go down

Post  T'zark Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:21 pm

T'zark comes into the galley... striding as if on urgent business. His brow is knitted in... a intent expression.

He does not seems to be paying much attention to those there. He has a Tricorder slung at his belt and a tool satchel over his shoulder.

Heading for the food line he grabs something portable, a sandwhich and a drink flask but it is fast not really looking at what he grabs - so unlike his usual picky tastes in food and drink.

He turns to leave the galley and for the first... seems to notice H'suur, and offhandedly Liara. He nods solemnly to H'suur acknowledging his presence but says nothing moving to make his way to the exit - apparently only swinging by the galley to grab a snack. His face has a smudge of lubricate grease and his uniform is lightly dusted with grime.

H'suur being use to his friend's moods, demeanor and posture can tell that something is on his mind, beyond the shuttle repair duties assigned to him.
T'zark
T'zark

Back to top Go down

Post  Liara Shran Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:29 pm

Liara tries her best to not laugh or snicker at H'Suur, but its difficult.......very difficult. Way to use your head H'Suur, "snicker" but I don't think you can absorbed the material that way" she she adds with a grin. Glancing down at the PADD she picked up, she turns her attention to Ishaan. "Please tell me this is study material, and not that my station is still down" she asks pleadingly. Her antennae track T'zark as he enters, and begins to leave. Returning her attention back H'Suur, she gives him a questioning look, as if to say. "Whats his malfunction?"
Liara Shran
Liara Shran

Back to top Go down

Post  Ishaan Soong Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:35 pm

Soong, steadying himself on Emony's shoulder, winces when H'suur shouts. "um, sorry..." the ensign sheepishly makes his way to the table and finds a seat out of Caitian's reach.

As he collects his PADDs, he answers Liara "Well, I wanted to find out why the station...uh, exploded in the ion storm. I've narrowed it down to one of two things: either the console's primary feedback breaker was faulty or someone bypassed the circuit overload detector at some point. There is a roughly 6.5% chance the console would have blown anyway, but I'll have to open it up again and run a level 8 to check." Ishaan spots the tray of fruit and snags a bright yellow Garaga. After biting in with gusto he continues, a little juice dripping down his chin, "I think I've figured out a way to keep it from happening again by patching in the primary power-flow monitor...I'm going to ask Commander Dornen about it later."

After a pause for another bite of the fruit, "What are we here for again?"

Ishaan Soong
Ishaan Soong

Back to top Go down

Post  Emony Pren Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:19 am

Emony returns to the table and sits inbetween Ishaan and Liara. "We were going to do some cross-training and studying, the perfect time for you to work on your hypothesis." She smiles at him and goes back to eating random fruits off of the tray and reading her PADD.
Emony Pren
Emony Pren

Back to top Go down

Post  H'suur Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:40 am

"Head wounds, apparently..." H'suur grumbles in response to Ishaan's question, rubbing the back of his head again. After a nod to T'zark, he shrugs his shoulders to Liara. "No idea. He gets like that sometimes, when he's got something on his mind - or, it's a bunch of extra duties. And speaking of that..." He sighs, banishing the melodramatic exhalation with another sip of coffee. "Sci or Eng. And outside of bio and basic math...I can use all the help I can get." He brings out his own PADD, slightly bulkier and worn. "I've got security and investigation, if anyone needs that today."
H'suur
H'suur

Back to top Go down

Post  Liara Shran Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:22 am

Liara shrugs, as she begins studying the PADD with the schematics of the Tactical consoles. "Oh well, I'm not in the mood to listen to his feeble attempts to sweep women of their feet anyway" she says with a smirk, and places her own PADD onto the table. "Starship and Fleet Tactics here. Good Stuff" she adds with a grin.
Liara Shran
Liara Shran

Back to top Go down

Post  Ishaan Soong Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:27 am

"I feel the same way about security that you do about Warp Theory." Ishaan leans forward to speak to H'Suur, "I could help you with that or we could go over bridge-station circuity and control and power maintenance." the reedy ensign gestures to the PADD's he brought, currently being held by Liara and H'Suur. After a thoughtful pause and a nod to T'Zark, "Investigation sounds fun to me..."
Ishaan Soong
Ishaan Soong

Back to top Go down

Post  Ishaan Soong Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:36 am

Ishaan turns to Liara, excited "Oooo! Fleet tactics!" Soong spreads his hands and gestures at all the PADDs on the table, "And science too! Well, we are in for a fun morning!"
Ishaan Soong
Ishaan Soong

Back to top Go down

Post  T'zark Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:13 am

From the angle of his departure T'zark catches Soong's nod of greeting.

Catching his eye, he gives him a, small, pained, smile and wave of his hand in replying acknowledgement. T'zark leaves making his way back to the shuttle bay to continue with Pike's "you break it you fix it...", policy.

He grimaced at the thought. That 'Rogue-Planet', mission was perhaps the best piloting he had done in his short career in starfleet... and likely better than ANYONE else on ship could have done! But he all he got was a repair detail and no commendations for his efforts. At least SHE has not been around to run into... but not like that helps much with the memory of her still in his mind... the longing for her touch, the closeness of her thoughts and the pain of the memory of her loss. Then the recent Mind-link opening those old wounds all over again. To feel her in his mind again ...like so many times 'before' had been... torment. T'zark had thought he had buried such emotions deep in his heart where they would never trouble him again. How foolish.

At least in 'busy work' he had some Solace... for a time...
T'zark
T'zark

Back to top Go down

Post  Liara Shran Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:37 pm

"You think that's exciting", she says with a grin to Ishaan, "I've got terabyte upon terabyte of military history. Andorian...Human....Klingon....Vulcan...Romulan, and a ton more. Claim what you like about any species, and what their pinnacle may be, but I can bet it all came about, or stemmed from conflict."
Liara Shran
Liara Shran

Back to top Go down

Post  H'suur Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:11 am

H'suur scratches under his chin, lazily drawing clawtips through his short 'beard'. "Good question, Soong...unless we're talking about personal phasers, coms, tricorders and the like, I'm still in the 'hand me that part' level of engineering. But fixing things comes a little more natural than...the more esoteric stuff. Let's do Warp Theory today, and since we're being cerebral, I'll reciprocate with investigation." He looks to the others. "Everybody toss in with what they want to teach, I figure we can each take an hour or so. And if anyone wants something besides warp theory, say so."
H'suur
H'suur

Back to top Go down

Post  Mirenne Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:53 pm

Mirenne arrives, stopping only to get some water before sitting down. "Hi, everyone. Sorry I'm a little late, I was hoping to find T-zark before we got started. I'm worried about him. He seemed especially troubled by the benzelon incident, not that I blame him. Pren, are you doing alright? Symbiont or not, that was a lot to deal with for someone your age."
Mirenne
Mirenne

Back to top Go down

Post  Emony Pren Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:25 pm

As Emony lays down a PADD that has astronomical readings on it she looks up at Mirenne, smiles, and says "Oh, I'm fine. I'm just glad that someone was notified before it got too out of hand." Ironically, her speech being a bit slurred and fast, makes it hard not to see that she was lying a little. Then she mutters, "I finally get to find something really interesting that seems completely harmless, and then, it tries to make us kill each other."

Last edited by Emony Pren on Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Emony Pren
Emony Pren

Back to top Go down

Post  H'suur Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:35 am

H'suur has a smile for Mirenne as well, delivered with only a slight hitch and twist of an ear. At her mention of T'zark, he points to the door he recently exited through. "Thataway, moping." Covering his appraisal of both Mirenne and Pren with a sip of his coffee, he sets it down before picking up a PADD. His tail twitches once at the word 'symbiont'. Pren's words draw his attention, ears first, forward as he leans that direction a bit, then his eyes lifting from the screen to the young Trill's face. His head tilts just a bit, as he listens to her speak. His tail still, furrows form in the fur of his brow.
H'suur
H'suur

Back to top Go down

Post  Mirenne Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:33 am

Mirenne sighs. "I'll chase him down later. He takes everything so seriously, poor thing," she says. "Emony, you acted with intelligence and bravery. But you also got kind of banged up. I want some excitement as much as anyone, but not the kind where people get hurt. You can come talk to me about it anytime you want. That goes for everyone. The Captain would like us to spend every waking minute drilling, practicing, or studying. But as ship's counselor, I can and will make sure there is time for talk sessions. Which isn't to say that studying isn't important," she says, her tone of voice going from serious to slightly annoyed. "And on that note, can someone explain how to balance a capacity temporizer with the boridium photon infuser? I could have sworn that photon infusers used toranium!" She looks down at her PADD, with a comically confused look on her face.

((OOC Yes, I found the technobabble generator. Such a wonderful thing.))
Mirenne
Mirenne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum