Star Trek
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Captain's Log 2266.227 - Mission Report

Go down

Captain's Log 2266.227 - Mission Report Empty Captain's Log 2266.227 - Mission Report

Post  Q Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:59 pm

Power has been restored to Solace and we are now well outside the presence of the ion storm, so I can now take the time to make this entry.

Detroit-class starships are not designed to operate as science vessels, even in a supplemental nature. That said, however, the crew preformed admirably. Commendations have been noted for Ensign Mirenne and Cadet Pren, whose telepathic prowess and preemptive actions (respectively) minimized the "Benzilon Event". Ensign H'suur handled command of his security detail quite well, I am considering his field promotion to head of security. Similarly, Ensign Shran preformed well, proving that cross-training in sensor operations has been quite beneficial. Likewise, Ensing Soong's engineering ingenuity continues to impress me, but he thinks outside the box too much. Creativity on a Ranger- or Lincoln-class might be acceptable, but on a Detroit-class it leads to injury and death. A small part of me pities Ensign Dole, he and Cadet Pren clearly should have been stationed on a Lincoln.

It is unfortunate to note that all of these accomplishments are marred by the murder of Ensign Darnell. Five crew losses, total, since we left Sol Station forty-eight days ago; this reinforces the dangers of interstellar travel. Once again, I must inform a family of their loss. And again, I insist to Starfleet that the Academy sends some graduates out too soon. It is an opinion not shared by many, however.
Q
Q

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum